Monday, April 7, 2008

Caribbean Dreams

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Ok, maybe that quote is a little highbrow for a trip to the Mayan Riviera, but it conveys the spirit that hubby and I like to take on any vacation. And so tomorrow we dive into the adventure of exploring a part of the Yucatan Penninsula. We plan to lay on the beach, snorkel with the sea turtles, swim in cenotes, and eat too much great food.

I get to use my passport for the first time!

"A passport, as I'm sure you know, is a document that one shows to government officials whenever one reaches a border between countries, so the officials can learn who you are, where you were born, and how you look when photographed unflatteringly." ~Lemony Snicket

Mine definitely fits this description.

I'll do my best to bring back some sunshine and heat for all the Michiganders. See you all next week!

No comments: